Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my transmission was jumping in and out of OD so I took it to 3 different tranny shops and they all said to rebuild my tranny. I finally broke down and took it to the shop when it wouldnt go in OD any more. They rebuild it and it still doesnt go in to OD they pull it back apart and replace all of the sensors and solenoids in the transmission put it back together and and once again no OD. Any ideas. It is a 98 taurus with the 24V DOHC automatic with only 84,000 miles on it. When I took it to them I had been driving it out of OD for about a month and noticed when the engine RPM's would hit about 3700 it would start bucking like it was hitting the rev limiter then it got to where sometimes when I first crank it and start driving for the day it would do fine for the first few minutes then it would start bogging down and kill itself. I would let it sit for about 20 seconds and hit the starter and it was fine. The car is in excellent shape so I hate to just leave it at the shop and let them have it since I cant find out what is wrong with it but I cant keep on putting money in the hole that doesnt have a bottom to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated .

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
any other wierd things happening? headlights dim, radio dones't work, lights staying on? if so, check your gounds. one of them is probly rusted,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any other wierd things happening? headlights dim, radio dones't work, lights staying on? if so, check your gounds. one of them is probly rusted,
[/b]

No that is all thats happening. It has me puzzled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts