Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the car has been at the shop for 2 friggin weeks and still isnt done. he said there are still metal shavings in it and he took it off the car 4 times. i think its bs and he's buyin time. the worst part is ive missed 2 days of work cause i had no way to get there. i cant wait to call the better buisnis burau and b**** about him. he gave me an attitude when i went there to see whats up today

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Maybe you should spend the 27 bucks a day or whatever for a rental, rather then missing work.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
How would they see more shavings after the put it on? All they need to do is clean it up and replace the parts that need to be replaced and put it back together. what are they making a lab rat out of your taurus? I just hope you get a warranty with it. Most people get their car back within 5 days. If it is a confident shop they should have no trouble showing you your parts and exactly what is wrong. I got to get a tour of the garage and saw my tranny on the bench with like a million pieces all laid out in order. It was very clean where they were working on the internals. I called 2 times a day for 4 days strait and the guy was cool about it. I wish you luck on the outcome of your tranny and don't be afraid to be a snoop. It is a large amount of money that you are spending there and the shop should understand that.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the guy is being a complete a** and got an attitude with me today. i would love to go behind the shop andd throw down but i think a call to the bbb would be better i called today and friday and he told me dont call ill get it done. last time i had it back in 4 days

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by sfblacksel@Feb 23 2004, 09:50 PM
How would they see more shavings after the put it on? All they need to do is clean it up and replace the parts that need to be replaced and put it back together. what are they making a lab rat out of your taurus? I just hope you get a warranty with it. Most people get their car back within 5 days. If it is a confident shop they should have no trouble showing you your parts and exactly what is wrong. I got to get a tour of the garage and saw my tranny on the bench with like a million pieces all laid out in order. It was very clean where they were working on the internals. I called 2 times a day for 4 days strait and the guy was cool about it. I wish you luck on the outcome of your tranny and don't be afraid to be a snoop. It is a large amount of money that you are spending there and the shop should understand that.
I hope you didn't have to have that done on your 03.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts