Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, guys im new here. not new to cars or anything just new here.
ive got a 98 continental with the AX4N. now i was wondering if i could swap my AX4N for the one in the SHO of the same year. from what ive heard the gearing is different & its a little bit more heavy duty. will it work or no??
thanks

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Different bolt pattern, different internals and different way of getting information for the ECU.

If you swap gears the ECU would need to be re-tuned. That is if they will swap over.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Different bolt pattern, different internals and different way of getting information for the ECU.

If you swap gears the ECU would need to be re-tuned. That is if they will swap over.
oh ok, so IF the gears would swap over & If i could get it tuned, it should work pretty much just the same as if i had swapped the whole transmission..

so worst case, none of this works, is there any kind of after-market support for the AX4N in my conti? like clutches (gearing) etc... because i wanna build up my 4.6 a little, not too too much but enough to make it quick, & i hate to do that if its just gonna rip through the tranny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts