Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the engine in my 2001 3.0V6 Taurus. I drained the tranny oil and filter. I did not remove the torque converter or any tranny lines. I put the engine and every thing back together no problem so far. I filled the tranny with fluid so I thought. I ran the engine and put the tranny through the gears at an idle. It hesitates to get into gear. I checked the oil per manufacture specifications. Check while hot and idling in park. I can't get the fluid to register on the dipstick. When I run the engine and put the tranny through the gears than I shut it off, some of the tranny fluid comes back out of the tranny dipstick tube. I removed the oil pan again and verified that the filter was in place and that everything looked ok. I refilled the tranny and I got the same results. This morning when the engine was cold the oil read at the full mark on the dipstick. I started it up and drove it in the parking lot behind my house and back into the drive way and shut it off and it spit out about 2 - 4 ounces of tranny oil. Does anyone have any Pepto Bismo for my Tranny?

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
I checked the oil per manufacture specifications. Check while hot and idling in park. I can't get the fluid to register on the dipstick.
At this time, did you fill the tranmission fluid to the proper level, then shut teh car off, or leave it as is and shut it down? I'm really not sure, but if you didn't fill it to the proper level, (ie: not showing on dipstick), I'm thinking this could have something to do with it.

The only other thing possibly that comes to mind would be the vent.

·
Registered
587 Posts
my dad had almost same problem on his expedition the the trans line broke wile towing. warped the torque converter and it was spitting fluid out the vent mite need trans to be serviced. he was getting a code tcc solenoid lock up detected. i forget the number but mite be worth a look at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts