Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using the article on this website as a guide, I am trying to remove the side pan on my '02 Taurus' transmission so I can access the shift solenoids. The transmission, by the way, is still in the car.

I have everything loose, but I still need about 1/4 to 1/2 inch clearance to remove the pan from the tranny.

Have any of you any ideas as to what I can do, short of taking my saws-alll or a BFH :smash: to the frame to make some room? :headscratch:

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (Grover @ Mar 6 2009, 12:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=706131
Using the article on this website as a guide, I am trying to remove the side pan on my '02 Taurus' transmission so I can access the shift solenoids. The transmission, by the way, is still in the car.

I have everything loose, but I still need about 1/4 to 1/2 inch clearance to remove the pan from the tranny.

Have any of you any ideas as to what I can do, short of taking my saws-alll or a BFH :smash: to the frame to make some room? :headscratch:[/b]
Have you tried raising the trans up a wee bit to clear the frame?

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I followed the directions that were on here. I think when you raise the engine to get the side mount off, the one with the big piece of cast iron yoiu should have enough clearance.

Getting all of that wiring out of the way was the hardest part of it for me.

Mike
B)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (mwt @ Mar 7 2009, 08:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=706303
I followed the directions that were on here. I think when you raise the engine to get the side mount off, the one with the big piece of cast iron yoiu should have enough clearance.

Getting all of that wiring out of the way was the hardest part of it for me.

Mike
B)[/b]
I've actually jacked it up as far as I can get it to go, and tried a couple of other jack heights. What I DIDN'T do was remove the battery tray bracket, per the article. What seems to be in my way are those vacuum (?) lines. At least, I THINK that's a vacuum pump at the front left of the engine compartment. :headscratch:

There just isn't a lot of room, but then I don't think I have to tell y'all that. I'll have another look at it tomorrow. I had to waste a beautiful day yesterday at a doctor's appointment (On SATURDAY, no less!) and chauffeuring the wife and daughter around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts