Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Taurus wagon (6 cyl, 24V DOH that I just had the tranny rebuilt on. After the first check-up, it started shifting when stopped (and cold) twice, and then drives on like it never happened. I've had it back to the shop twice and they don't experience the difficulty. You know how that goes. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,863 Posts
What exactly do you mean "shifting when stopped"? Dropping in and out of 1st gear? Are you sure it isnt an occasional bad engine miss?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It feels like it shifts down, then back up. After the tranny rebuild it was fine. Then after the first check up, it did it the next morning, so I turned around and had my hubby take it to them right away. No duplication of it with them, but it happens almost every morning, and if cold enough, once in the afternoon, as well.

·
Super Moderator
8,863 Posts
I still dont understand how you can feel it "shift" when it is standing still. What EXACTLY does it feel like? (I know it can be hard to explain via the web)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I have not had it scanned since the rebuild.

The car feels like it moves backward then forward, but the wheels aren't moving. Feels kind of like it "settles". You're right - hard to eplain on the web. It must at least be a vibration because my husband feels it as well. Maybe a clunk describes the feeling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.