Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by HueyStLoui@Feb 21 2004, 11:55 AM
Hey guys, I am a long-time Taurus owner. Drove a 95 GL Vulcan up until a few months ago when the tranny finally bit the dust at 183k miles. Instead of getting it fixed I donated the car and went and got a 2001 SE Duratec with only 29k on it. I really like the car, but a few things have me concerned - maybe I got a dud or something?

The engine is much noisier than the Vulcan - but it still seems to pull smooth and strong. The biggest worry right now is the transmission. It shifts pretty smooth from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd, but then it is pretty rough when it goes to OD. Even after it has downshifted out of OD for a small acceleration, it bobbles back into OD. Is this something to get checked out or to worry about or is it normal operation for a Taurus of this year?
I have a 2000 duratec and I have the same problem. I would say its pretty normal, but I would check the tranny fluid level just in case.

-Damon

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.