Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a p0705 code saying the transmission range sensor is having an issue. This problem is occurring on my 01 Taurus se sedan with the Vulcan I also have a 01 Taurus ses with a Duratec that needs a new torque converter and I’m putting off replacing it because of work. Could I take the range sensor from the ses with the Duratec and put it in the se with the Vulcan? This would only be temporary being I live in Hawaii I need to order the new range sensor and it’ll be a few days before the new one comes in. If I don’t do anything with it at all till the new one comes in would it be detrimental to the tranny. I’m just freaking out because this is my only current working car and seeing lights flashing on my dash is giving me anxiety whenever I need to get to work or head home.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The answer is yes guys...the answer is yes you can swap the trs from a Duratec to a Vulcan on the Taurus I took a gamble on it and ended up going and ripping the trs out of my ses wagon with the Duratec and put it in my se sedan with the Vulcan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
1 Participant
01_Bull.Tom
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing