Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not saying I am anytime soon, or that I'm going to at all, but.. supposed I got the $4600 Morana 3.3 stroker... They say 260+hp, right? Well.. would the tranny out of a '95 GL be able to handle that.. at all? And.. if not... what would be a solution to that?
I'm sorry if this is a repost or a topic beaten to death, but, I searched past posts and couldn't find anything about it. Maybe I wasn't using the right keywords or something. Point me in the right direction if it's a repost.

·
Registered
350 Posts
It's certainly able to handle the power, which will most likely fall quite short of the 260hp mark... The transmission is actually quite stout when the proper updates are made.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Proper updates being...? Just out of curiousity..

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
the user DMX was running probrably over 300 Ft/Lbs of torque through his AX4S with a supercharged 3.8, Pretty much the same thing as an AXOD-E. The transmission didn't fail this time, but the flexplate busted up and the pump stator broke.

Check out this thread. He's going to be installing a built trans, I can't wait to see it finished.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...topic=6920&st=0

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So... you'd just have to take care of the transmission, right? And everything should be a-okay?

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Are you sure you could assenble that engine? It's not a crate motor - they will send you a bunch of parts and you have to put it together. Also, the website makes it sound like the stroker has never been built. I don't know if I would want my $4600 to be a guinea pig.

I'm not trying to discourage you, I just want to make sure you know what you are getting into.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh.. oh.. oh.... I'm not buying it. This is just a hypothetical situation. I got a little body work to do before performance, because I can't stand cars that look like crap and have more than enough money to rix them stuffed under the hood or in the trunk... The plans for my car, realistically, are to return it to its original, brand-new, off the lot condition, then worry about everything else.. Of course, little things along the way like my "discoballs" and clear corners that I snag for less than $80 together can come along too...

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Actually, my neighbor has a 92 5.0L mustang with only 36K miles on it that he is selling for about $4000. It has aftermarket exhaust, cam, roller rockers, intake, etc. The only downside is that it is ATX.

B

·
0 Posts
Morana is a waste of time, and a pack of bullshitters, IMO. I've now heard of three instances of "bolt on parts" that needed major machining to make them fit.

Burning that $4600 and then pissing on it to put it out would be a better use for the money.

IMNSHO, Morana is right up there with Jason King's $10,000 "race vulcan". :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol. I get your point. But, still, I didn't/don't plan on getting stuff from Morana. It really was just something I was curious about. The "call to Morana" part of my sig awhile ago was more of a joke... I read that whole topic about the $10k "race" Vulcan. lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts