Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 taurus se wagon 3.0 dohc ax4n trans. My transmission finally gave up the ghost at 191000 miles. It had a that torque converter code. I had a used tranny put in and, I have a couple of questions/problem. this has column shift and, after the transmission was installed the shift column is very stiff while putting in gear. Is this normal? Also the o/d light was flashing but, I after I put about 30 miles on it that stopped. Now the other problem is I have some other code because the service light engine soon came back on. So I'm going to see what this code is and, go from there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I had my Tech check the code and, he said it is the O2 sensor in the second bank. Just seems strange to me that after replacing the transmission there is o2 sensor code. Well that's better than having that torque converter code. I know I was rolling the dice buy having a used transmission but, I just did not have the money to buy new even the rebuild was around 1700.00. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
23,578 Posts
Did the o2 wiring or connectors possibly get damaged during the tranny r&r? Very common if not careful and disconnected prior.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts