Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Ford Taurus SES my transmission lights have been flickering after driving about 3 miles on average however when I switch of car for a second it goes off and will start again flickering after another 3 miles or so I continue doing so , in addition I got a PO715 error code and bought and installed a new high speed sensor as was indicated as the possible problem however the problem continued I later decided to change the transmission filter and the problem did not change , I took out the PCM to take a picture if I needed to replace the PCM I then replaced the PCM and my AC came on when it was in an off position , some time before my AC was not coming on so I had made a direct connection for the AC to be activated , I then disconnected that wire and my AC previous problem disappeared and continues to work as it should , however my transmission lights came on flickering and will not come off regardless it was now permantely flashing I left the car without driving ordered and installed a new PCM and the problem continued , I put back in my old PCM and the transmission lights was on the car was missing and struggling to move. I again took out my old PCM and observed that a pin in the second row was lying flat and was not connected I straighten the pin replaced the unit and the car remains misfiring and will not move however if I rev the engine it reavers normally up to about 4000 rpm above that it stutters and when it’s put in drive it will not pull sufficiently to go foward however it seems able to reverse a bit for the little I tried not wanting to do any further damage I did not try to do much this problem now exist with either PCM please advise me what is the problem

·
Registered
22,626 Posts
Fwiw, p0715= input/turbine speed sensor (tss) circuit malfunction. May suspect the tss sensor and/or its wiring. Tss is the tranny input sensor. Oss (vss) is the tranny output sensor. At ~4k rpm in Park, you're hitting the rev limiter. Perfectly normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fwiw, p0715= input/turbine speed sensor (tss) circuit malfunction. May suspect the tss sensor and/or its wiring. Tss is the tranny input sensor. Oss (vss) is the tranny output sensor. At ~4k rpm in Park, you're hitting the rev limiter. Perfectly normal.
Can you explain further is it that I need another sensor I have replaced the Vs sensor already

1 - 4 of 4 Posts