Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 with 177K miles. I just paid 1600.00 and had my transmission rebuilt. I am still have issues when drive its driving rough and idels rough when at a light. Goes into gear with no problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry I know nothing about cars but 2 weeks before my transmission went out it was driving rough also. After two weeks the tranmission went out if couldnt go forward just back. The did a rebuild and said something broke in the transmission.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
forgot no check enginge light
Could still be ignition related. When was the last time it had plugs and wires replaced? I had a problem with mine running rough awhile back, and it was due to the plugs, but no CEL. Take it to Advance auto, and have them run a free scan for you. There may be codes hiding that haven't made a CEL come on.

·
Super Moderator
8,591 Posts
Remember this is a 95 and OBDI (unless you have one of the small handfull of 95 OBDII Vulcans). OBDI does not monitor stuff like missfires and typically only sets codes when something is really wacked. Vacuum leaks are alwyas a possibility, but with Ford OBDI you cant see long term fuel trims to verify a possible vac leak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just picked up a '95 Sable (OBDI), and it started misfiring a couple days later. I did plugs (had planned to do them anyway) and wires. Found one wire had been burnt or abraded through, causing the misfire.

Since I bought the car, I have done plugs, wires, cap/rotor, foamed the throttle body/intake and run two bottles of injector cleaner through the gas tank. Runs like a champ now, and I got 17 mpg on the last tank (and I don't baby it).

Oh - and I did have the transmission fluid changed at my shop, had them put in synthetic fluid. Shifts much smoother now, although some of that may also be the tune up results. The car has 88,800 miles on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts