Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Ford Taurus SES 3.0 DOHC with ~119k miles, while driving yesterday the transmission quit; I was accelerating from a stop and all of the sudden while accelerating the engine started revving up like the transmission had gone into neutral. I pulled over into a neighborhood with the momentum that it had and called family for help. When family arrived they had brought transmission fluid to see if maybe I had leaked some and not noticed it, we put some in, ran it through the gears and the engine didn't move, we added more transmission fluid until the trans dip stick was indicating that there was enough fluid and then tried again with the same result, so towed the car. Right now I'm trying to figure out what to possibly do with the car, what do you guys recommend? What do you guys think the problem is? Would it be possible that a sensor quit and that's why the car won't go into any of the gears? I know it's probably unlikely but I figured I would ask you guys since you are the experts.

Any help, opinions, and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Enos

1 - 1 of 1 Posts