Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello
im having some problem with my taurus 2005
when accelerating from 0 to 25mph when shifting the trans seems to slip(i dont know if it is the correct term) and then engage after and pulling the car (hard to explain English not main language)
other gears are fine. it shifts fine after the first shift. the only problem seems to be in the 1st to 2scond shift.
when shifting and under normal acceleration the RMP go way up when it shifts and it pulls the car at the same time. (hard to explain)
in the mean time i often can feel the bang when the trans is downshifting from 2scond to 1st.

i through an oil and filter change for the transmission would fix the problem but it fact it did nothing.

please help me :(
there is the video to show you what it is doing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
im having some problem with my taurus 2005
when accelerating from 0 to 25mph when shifting the trans seems to slip(i dont know if it is the correct term) and then engage after and pulling the car (hard to explain English not main language)
other gears are fine. it shifts fine after the first shift. the only problem seems to be in the 1st to 2scond shift.
when shifting and under normal acceleration the RMP go way up when it shifts and it pulls the car at the same time. (hard to explain)
in the mean time i often can feel the bang when the trans is downshifting from 2scond to 1st.

i through an oil and filter change for the transmission would fix the problem but it fact it did nothing.

please help me :(
there is the video to show you what it is doing.

Did you receive any response of this problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts