Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I suspect I may have a leaking tranny line.. :angry:

Question I have is where is the line that goes into the radiator. I believe I have spotted the culprit, but I am not 100% sure if it is a transmission line or not. Obviously, from smell and color I should be able to tell but my fluid is a tad burnt (needs to be flushed... i know!) so it's tough to distinguish it. I just want to make sure I'm not being paranoid.. I did just change my oil yesterday, so it may be some run off... But, if it was run off from the oil change, it wouldn't be hitting the splash guard (too much distance)... Any help is appreciated!! Thank you!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! This is a huge help. It's not the line that I was looking at then. I'll have to take a picture of it.

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
It still might be oil change residue, esp. from the filter. Also check ps fluid level, as it and tranny fluid should be the same fluid and its (ps) line runs parallel in conjunction with the tranny line in the front of the car.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
If you live in the Northeast, the line that cuts across the radiator on the bottom always rots out from salt and leaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts