Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Ford Taurus TRANS PUKEDTHE FLUID OUT.COMING OUT TC SEAL.WHAT ALL WOULD YOU CHANGE AFTER TRANS OUT.THE CAR ONLY HAS 67000 MILES ON IT.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I bought a reman converter. The tool is expensive, but the bearing is cheap($1 or so). If you can figure out how to pull it out without damaging the bore or dropping stuff into the converter, you could do it yourself. You may want to ask local shops how they do it, and how much they charge just to change the bearing if you bring in the converter.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The cylinder heads have extra holes. Driver side rear, passenger side front. I think they were 10mm. I ran a tap through first to clean out the crud.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally got the transmission uot.have a few questions.bearing in tc is rough also the outside of tc rough where goes in seal.fluid looked good.67000 on car.would you just change tc and seal?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
At 67000 you could go either way(rebuild or just fix leak). Based on my experience I would install the 2 upgrade kits(Trans-go and Superior) but might skip a full rebuild at that mileage. The cost difference is minimal, but the time is significant. You still need to crack open the case to do the lube modifications. If you don't already have one, install an auxiliary cooler. If you have damage to the outside of the converter sealing surface, get another converter. I got mine for $80 incl shipping on ebay. I'm glad I did the full rebuild for peace of mind. Many of the rubber seals were soft, and the main pressure regulator in the valve body was worn. The result is a very nice shifting transmission.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts