Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys....just bought a 02 taurus...was sitting for a year and i put like 300 miles on it and it started to leak tranny fluid between where the motor and tranny meet...i was told its a seal and that i gotta pull the motor.....and ideas?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its easier to pull the tranny out to fix. When you get it out dont be surprised if you have to replace the torq converter. I have seen it more then once that the seal will actually wear a grove in the torq converter

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Is this discussion applicable to other vehicles? I mean do all cars have a seal between trans and motor, that tends to leak? What about the 'bushing inside torque converter'?

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
All auto trans have a seal on the trans input shaft for the torque converters stub shaft.
When ever I do a trans swap that front seal is always replaced.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi guys....just bought a 02 taurus...was sitting for a year and i put like 300 miles on it and it started to leak tranny fluid between where the motor and tranny meet...i was told its a seal and that i gotta pull the motor.....and ideas?
i had a leak in same spot, then i put a bottle of valvoline transmission stop leak and it stop the leak 5 min. and never leaked again.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts