Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm having some serious problems with my new Taurus (well, it's a 96 but it's new to me :D ). If you all could help me out, it would be great!

Ford Taurus
V6 3.0 (sorry, don't know which type it is though)
AX4N Automatic Transmission

So basically, it's leaking at the connector of the high-pressure transmission cooler line (the one connected to the transmission). And something is bothering me...for some reason there are two rings or notches on the line going into the connector, but I can only get it to snap in once. I bought two new connectors from the Ford dealership ($20 bucks each?!) and still, it will only snap in once. I'm thinking this is the cause of my leak (then again, it could be the connector is faulty...dunno). I'll try to have pictures up later today to be more specific.

Also, I tried just replacing the line, but get this...Ford said that they don't even carry the line for the AX4N. I've checked every parts place available, and it's all roughly the same...none of them have it. They all have lines for the AX4S though... :(

·
Registered
953 Posts
QUOTE (dkthunder @ Apr 23 2009, 01:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719940
Hello,

I'm having some serious problems with my new Taurus (well, it's a 96 but it's new to me :D ). If you all could help me out, it would be great!

Ford Taurus
V6 3.0 (sorry, don't know which type it is though)
AX4N Automatic Transmission

So basically, it's leaking at the connector of the high-pressure transmission cooler line (the one connected to the transmission). And something is bothering me...for some reason there are two rings or notches on the line going into the connector, but I can only get it to snap in once. I bought two new connectors from the Ford dealership ($20 bucks each?!) and still, it will only snap in once. I'm thinking this is the cause of my leak (then again, it could be the connector is faulty...dunno). I'll try to have pictures up later today to be more specific.

Also, I tried just replacing the line, but get this...Ford said that they don't even carry the line for the AX4N. I've checked every parts place available, and it's all roughly the same...none of them have it. They all have lines for the AX4S though... :([/b]
Pics would help. Is this TranCooler the finned type that goes in front of the radiator and condensor (lower side of car) or is this TransCooler the type (I have) that fits on the side of the Radiator (passenger side to be more specific).

Here is a link to the topic I had in which the TransCooler line going into the Radiator cooled TransCooler bolt was failing. Sorry that this reply isn't any direct help, just trying to understand which type you have.

Link: http://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?show...c=62161&hl=

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (ricer333 @ Apr 23 2009, 10:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719945
Pics would help. Is this TranCooler the finned type that goes in front of the radiator and condensor (lower side of car) or is this TransCooler the type (I have) that fits on the side of the Radiator (passenger side to be more specific).

Here is a link to the topic I had in which the TransCooler line going into the Radiator cooled TransCooler bolt was failing. Sorry that this reply isn't any direct help, just trying to understand which type you have.

Link: http://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?show...c=62161&hl=[/b]
The lines go straight into the right-side (passenger side) of the radiator. There is no auxiliary cooler installed for the transmission at the moment.

Any help is good help. Thanks for replying. :D

·
Registered
953 Posts
still a little confused. is it leaking at the radiator or the transmission side?

if it's the radiator side then that link above should help you out. if not, sorry, i haven't had to deal with the leaking towards the transmission side.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (ricer333 @ Apr 23 2009, 06:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720095
still a little confused. is it leaking at the radiator or the transmission side?

if it's the radiator side then that link above should help you out. if not, sorry, i haven't had to deal with the leaking towards the transmission side.[/b]
"So basically, it's leaking at the connector of the high-pressure transmission cooler line (the one connected to the transmission)."

I think I know what happened anyway...the line going into the connector looks a little bent. Going to the salvage yard tomorrow to get the line ($10). Beats paying $60+ for the line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts