Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am back with a new taurus that I purchased an hour ago. It is a 95 Taurus GL with the 3.0L. It has 128K miles.
It shifts very hard, I was told it was just a mount. I could live with that. Then on the 37 mile trip home it did great for about 10-15 minutes. Then at about 60-65 mph, it just acted like it was in neutral, then after a few seconds, acted normal, did this repeatedly over several miles. I got it below 55 and it did perfect for the remainder of the trip...Please don't tell me the tranny is shot, I judt bought it, after getting rid of a car iwth trans issues....

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
mounts... step on brake. put in gear, keep foot on brake and give it some gas and see how far the engine will go without you. in drive and reverse, or looking for cracked or seperated rubber works too but not as well

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I just didnt know if they were as crazy as the ones in the g3s. When I do the test with the engine it moves, but not that terribly, how much is it supposed to?

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
1/2 in i would say. not really sure. i always look when its being tested and see if the rubber seperates and go off of that

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, I will check that out. I asked a buddy yesterday if he knew anyone who could help, this was his reply, see if this makes sense to you (hope its a no lol):
Report · 9:15pm
"Spool valves inside the transmission are shot, needs rebuilt. Specialty tools and everything, not easy" -maintenance george at work, ASE certified

·
Registered
14 Posts
I currently have an '03 Bull, but a few years ago I had an '01 Taurus and it started to do the exact thing you describe. Turned out that the tranny just had to be flushed (and the filter pack changed). That cured it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the car was owned by a hillbilly crackhead, why did you buy it? Tauruses are a dime a dozen, all generations.
It has no rust, bucket seats, a rare color at least I think, I dont see many red ones anymore, it has brand new tires, and only 128K miles....$600, could not pass it up!

I was thinking filter and flush, hopefully that is it, but it will be a while until I can afford it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts