Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So I'm driving home from School today. I pull into my driveway and park. I get out and I notice this!

I'm thinkin "Wtf?! My car is bleeding! How did this happen!?" So I take a look underneath my car and I see this.

My Transmission cooler line became unsecured and the line fell off... I look around my driveway and there's all this fluid all over the place. This is the worst of it.

But it didn't happen when I got into my Driveway, at some point not too far down the road, the line just fell off.

As far as I can tell, my transmission is fine(it shifted from drive to reverse and back and then into park smoothly and problem free) and my question is this: I'm gonna consider all the fluid emptied from my tranny... How much do I need to buy to replace it all?

I needed a Tranny flush... but this isn't what I had in mind...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Similar thing happened to me when i busted my trany pan (damn nyc pot holes). It took me about 7 qts to fill it up. Might be wrong it was a while ago.

B

·
0 Posts
What you want to do is check the level on the dipstick when the trans is hot (idle the car for a while), and add until it's within the hash marks.

Hehe. I said dipstick AND hash.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Jan 20 2004, 04:29 PM
What you want to do is check the level on the dipstick when the trans is hot (idle the car for a while), and add until it's within the hash marks.

Hehe. I said dipstick AND hash.
Thanks bob! That'll solve my problem!

You need to put the hash down... or atleast share!

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
first of all, that sucks.

second of all... go get some "Police Line--Do Not Cross" tape and put it up everywhere...lol.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Originally posted by Ryne@Jan 20 2004, 09:13 PM
first of all, that sucks.

second of all... go get some "Police Line--Do Not Cross" tape and put it up everywhere...lol.
Man I agree, my monitor is on its way out every color is off pink or green and all that fluid looks like blood! The pics actually look like they are from a crime scene.
Andy if you can find the most level place to park it when you are adding the fluid. If you put it in cold you will overfill it because the tranny fluid expands when heated. I'm going thru a similar situation.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Originally posted by Alex_Perry@Jan 20 2004, 11:41 PM
fire it up again until ALL the fluid has drained, then immediately turn off the car. a complete flush has then been completed. Even the torque converter was drained! Plus, thats what ford recommends for a trans flush. drop change filter, then refill.
I thought the torque converter retained fluid unless it was sucked out?? ANyhow get some oilchange pan if you are going to do this. That way you can measue how much is in the pan subract that from the totalfluid the tranny holds and then get a rough idea off how mmuch fluid you need to put in.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: Reattached the cooler line, refilled the transmission(by about 3 quarts :redface:
:redface: ) and nearly blew my tranny. Drained out most of the excess and it's fine.

I put in some of that Lucas Transmission fix s*** in... it seems to like that cause I can't feel my shifts hardly, and my tach indicates that the shifts are pretty damn fast.

And yes, my driveway does look like a murder scene! I nearly murdered my bull!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts