Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Ford Taurus with leaking transmission lines. What I need to know is what is the thread that goes in to the transmission. I would like to replace the quick disconnects with some type of fitting so I can use hose to fix the leaks. I work for a hydraulics company so I do know about different thread types. I just want to make sure I have all the parts I need when I replace these lines. Is this NPT, SAE, BSPP, BSPT, Metric or SAE straight?

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
On my 2005, it is a straight metric thread, not pipe. I don't remember the thread size though. I didn't throw away the old part yet and can get the thread size for you. Let me know. PM me.

What's funny though is there is no o-ring between the fitting and the transmission. Sealing is done by the teflon paste pre-applied on the thread of replacement fitting. If you are replacing the fitting with a generic metric fitting, use an o-ring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, is it possible for you to give me the size and thread pitch of the fitting you removed? I just want to have all the parts I need when I replace these lines.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Thanks for the reply, is it possible for you to give me the size and thread pitch of the fitting you removed? I just want to have all the parts I need when I replace these lines.
You need a 1/4" male pipe thread by 3/8" hose barb to replace the quick disconnect fittings in the tranny.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1/4" NPT was correct. Used Aeroquip part number4738-4-6B, Aeroquip hose 2556. Thanks for the information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts