Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installed a transmission cooler today and I hooked it up the hose that runs to the pipe with the fins above the pipe with no fins. The 3/8 tube leading to the one with the fins had transmission fluid written on it. I was reading another write up and he said that his tube with the no fins was the tranny cooler and the one with fins was for the power steering. Which is which on a 2002 Durtec AX4N?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The best thing to do is trace it back. If it goes to the cooler in the radiator or to the transmission then it's the tranny cooler line. The picture is of a 2000 Vulcan AX4S Wagon install. Not sure if the routing is the same

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
The line with the fins is the power steering cooler. The pipe with no fins is the transmission to the best of my knowledge. The power steering takes transmission fluid.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The best thing to do is trace it back. If it goes to the cooler in the radiator or to the transmission then it's the tranny cooler line. The picture is of a 2000 Vulcan AX4S Wagon install. Not sure if the routing is the same
Mine looks like yours in the picture so I guess the transmission is the one with the fins on top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts