Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I`m planning to install a transmission cooler in my car, but, I want to add a fan too, but I want to know if I can use a thermoswitch to activate the fan, somebody know the recomended temperature for the transmission oil ?

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Hi, I`m planning to install a transmission cooler in my car, but, I want to add a fan too, but I want to know if I can use a thermoswitch to activate the fan, somebody know the recomended temperature for the transmission oil ?
[/b]
I would set it at or lower than 200F.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
You want to put a fan on the cooler? Why? Adding the auxiliary cooler should be more than ample to keep the fluid cool. And besides, the fan will only help when you aren't moving. When the car gets going at normal speeds, the normal airflow thru the cooler will be greater than what the cooling fan would do anyway - which is often why the engine cooling fans will turn off at higher road speeds, since they can't pull any more air thru the rad than what comes thru just by the cars movement.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
When I had mine mounted horizontally on the plastic splash shield when stopped and if the engine fans were on it would draw air through the cooler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts