Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have many of you had your PCM updated with new firmware to adjust the transmission shifting? I also read that disconnecting the battery will reset the PCM settings. If I did that, will the PCM learn my accelerator 'style' or behavior?

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
reset pcm

Have many of you had your PCM updated with new firmware to adjust the transmission shifting? I also read that disconnecting the battery will reset the PCM settings. If I did that, will the PCM learn my accelerator 'style' or behavior?

Thanks
Just disconnect the battery for 15 minutes and them reconnect and you should be fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How do you go about getting the PCM flashed with the new firmware? Can the dealer check my VIN to see if mine can be updated? Do I need to go in with a complaint? I have a 2008 SEL. Trans acts a little uncertain at times at low speed or slow acceleration. Once in a great while I'll get a stiff 1-2 shift. I'd like to start with the firmware update as well as fluid change (75k miles on the car)

·
Super Moderator
7,871 Posts
Call the dealer with your VIN and see if there are any PCM updates. However I seriously doubt Ford cares about any kind of updates for a nearly 12 year old car. If there are any updates you will likely have to pay to have them installed unless the updates are part of a recall, which again is unlikely with a nearly 12 year old car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts