Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After fixing a leak on my transaxle oil cooler line yesterday, I was poking around checking other stuff. I checked the TRS and linkage for alignment and tightness and was surprised when the linkage separated in my hand. I was able to re-assemble it very easily - just push back into place - but this doesn't seem to be right for such a critical component. I was at the Ford dealer today and none of the parts books show this in detail. If the fitting is only a push-pin style, then I obviously need a new bushing, but without a parts reference I am stuck. Anyone have any suggestions/photos of how this should look and what I need? :dunno:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I'm surprised that the other side isn't threaded w/a nut to keep the linkage from popping out.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Instead of finding a brand new part, you could try to find one off a junck car, or maybe someone here has a parts car that still has it. Not a clue what the part number is, and I've also never taken mine apart so I've never seen the underside of it.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I had that blue bushing distintergrate on me too. The part number is E0SZ7341B (Insulator). I remember that it was a pain to replace. I either pressed the bushing on the pin or pressed the bushing into the hole and used a C clamp to press them together. It's probably made of acetal but a dab of grease or preferably a spray of teflon based dry lube would help. Keep the engine degreaser away from it if you ever use Gunk, etc.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
oiler1fan...Saudi Arabia! I've never been to the middle east but hope to some day.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (CDChangerGuy @ Jun 7 2009, 03:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=730720
oiler1fan...Saudi Arabia! I've never been to the middle east but hope to some day.[/b]
Thanks CDChangerGuy. I checked that part number online and it sure seems to be what I need. I was able to cross reference a Dorman equivalent too - 74040. Ya the Middle East is OK; don't believe everything you see on CNN. :D

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Glad I could help. Yeah, I never believe what I see on the news. I've seen too many incidents in person that were later reported on the news that seemed quite sensationaized. LA "riots" being one that comes to mind. BTW that part cost me a whopping $3.85 plus tax. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had that blue bushing distintergrate on me too. The part number is E0SZ7341B (Insulator). I remember that it was a pain to replace. I either pressed the bushing on the pin or pressed the bushing into the hole and used a C clamp to press them together. It's probably made of acetal but a dab of grease or preferably a spray of teflon based dry lube would help. Keep the engine degreaser away from it if you ever use Gunk, etc.
Excellent ! Had friend at work who had this problem. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you so much, cdchangerguy. That part number pulled right up on Autoclone's website. I just had this part give out at an intersection and was freaking out. The tow truck operator showed me the linkage, and yes it's gone.

Sorry for the necropost, but thank goodness for this forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts