Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I'm new here and have been searching for this problem since it started with not many helful results. I have a 2001 Taurus, recently purchased, and a few weeks ago the transaxle light started flashing.. I was told by a mechanic I needed a new transmission. Took the car to a tranny shop and was told tranny is good and a fuse had blown?? He replaced the fuse, I drove home. ($120) The next morning the fuse blew again.. Took back to shop they said the o2 sensor was heating up and causing the fuse to blow- replaced o2 sensor and fuse again. ($74) I drive it to work today and wow the fuse blew again... This time the tranny doesn't seem to shut down to 2nd and reverse as bad- before it was very hard to drive to shop. The shop is closed for the weekend but the car is there. What could possibly be blowing this fuse (28) all the time. After I bought it we took a trip to New Orleans from North Alabama with no problems.. If anyone can give me any insight I would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that I'm aware of... The guy at the transmission shop really didn't say either way but he did say the tranny was good. Now the mechanic that looked at it before said the flashing light meant that my tranny was bad and that it was throwing a cam sensor code and an o2 sensor code and that in addition to a new tranny I would need a new engine bc of the cam sensor code.... I'm not relying on that guy too much-

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
FIND A DIFFERENT MECHANIC!!!! Can sensor code is easily fixed with a syncro shaft and the associated sensor. A little over a $100 for parts. An hour or 2 labor.

What O2 code? Many O2 codes mean something other than the O2 sensor itself is bad. What was the O2 related code?

Trannt light on can be MANY things, it doesnt mean "light on = replace tranny"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts