Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
The AX4N is considered stronger. Don't know the exact years that the AX4N was an option for a Vulcan, but my 03 Vulcan has an AX4N.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
My (non-expert) understanding is that the AX4N is only marginally better than the AX4S. They replaced 1 band with a clutch. The components are similar in strength.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
But which is stronger is not imprortant if they are not straight across swaps, which they aren't.

Either way, both transmissions can be upgraded to be stronger than either in stock form. Just doing a Transgo shift kit makes a huge difference.I would rebuild your old one rather than doing a swap.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
But which is stronger is not imprortant if they are not straight across swaps, which they aren't.

Either way, both transmissions can be upgraded to be stronger than either in stock form. Just doing a Transgo shift kit makes a huge difference.I would rebuild your old one rather than doing a swap.
Right! I rebuilt my AX4S with Transgo and Superior kits and I'm very satisfied.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

where would i get this transgo shift kit from?

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
The AX4N is considered stronger. Don't know the exact years that the AX4N was an option for a Vulcan, but my 03 Vulcan has an AX4N.
My 96 Rosemist had an AX4N in it...probably still worked fine after I blew the engine too....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts