Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem....
on my way to the races in philly last nite, i was on interstate 95. I was only doing about 60 in OD when the car started to jerk as if someone was covering the intake. So, I got off at the first exit I came to and drove around the city for a bit. Ok.....everything seemed fine. I raced it down a long street and when it is supposed to shift into OD, it starts the jerk again, so I let off it. Being as I dont want to totally lose OD, as most of my driving is in the city anyway, I threw it in D. Holy christ!!! This thing took off like a biatch!! Now...when I drive around in OD, when I hit about 40, I can rev the engine like a stick, but in reg D the pedal is very responsive. I'm thinking my OD band is very stretched. Car still runs fine in OD, just wont shift into it. Can this band be tightened or replaced easily? (meaning just opening the trans just for that and closing it back up) I appreciate any input.

Dan

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Yeah, it's either the band, or the OD servo piston losing it's circlip. The latter will only cost you a couple hundred dollars. The former will cost you... well, lets just say that I hope you have a Capital One No Hassle card.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts