Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually, under no load (car rolling downhill), it shifts from 3 to 4 once the tach hits about 1550, now it seems to be doing it around 1450. Also, usually when putting a bit of load on it (going uphill, losing speed), it'll jump into slip at about 1550, but seems to be doing it at 1450.

Trans having issues, bad sensor, or bad tach?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol... Does it even with ShiftLogic unhooked, and in hydromechanical mode, plus my tach seems to go over red now. I blade a bad tach, or sensor.

·
Registered
799 Posts
ShitLogic?? you named the thing??

Anyhow, with all the crap you've done to the car it's hard to say what it could be. Is it throwing any trans codes?

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Bob, the shift firmness control is not his original transmission modification.

There was a discussion on the issue, and he went a head and design a system/did a write up on it.

His original transmission mod was a semi-automatic transmission or something like that... he built a system to control the shifting.. There was a lengthy thread/flame fest on it.

I like how you guys were quick to jump on the dead horse. way to go :thumb:

·
Registered
799 Posts
I wasn't jumping on a dead horse, I was pointing out that this may have something to do with it. I don't know the particulars of what he did to the trans, and I have no inclination to read a bunch of posts to find out. However, when someone messes with the trans, then posts about trans problems, intelligence steps in and makes one think that one had something to do with the other.

Thanks for assuming I was being a **** though... :thumb:

As for the issue at hand, I wouldn't worry too much about a 100 rpm difference. Is the trans using any of the PCM functions to shift at all?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went to Advance Auto, had an alternator test done, not to check the alternator, but it shows RPM. Gauge is a bit off. Trans is apparently ok with no codes.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
7 inch with a 1mil candlepower shiftlight
[/b]
Actually, had an idea for you while laying in bed last night.

Since you like to hit the "hard shift" button right before redline, wire it up with a relay to the shift light, and set the shift light up a tad before red, then it'll shift hard when the light comes on. Light can of course be set to lower rev's as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts