Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what transmission is in a 92 lx taurus? i looked on the pan and it says axod so i dont know. i have a 3.8l. the reason im wondering is when im in od and the trans is warming up it kicks hard (whiplash hard) its fine though if i use the (d) gear and put it in overdrive after im on the freeway then it dont act up. so anyone know what my problem is?

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
You have an AXODE (fully electronic version of the original AXOD), later known as the A4XS. When was the fluid and filter last changed, if ever? Has the fluid level been checked correctly? The tranny 17 bolt pans all say AXOD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new here and know very little about transmissions. 1998 Taurus LX suddenly stopped going into gear. I could put it into park, but shifting it would not engage any of the gears. The car is at a garage right now, and I'm not sure of the LX. Sorry.

Hope I put this is the right spot. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont know if it ever got changed, i just got the car in december 2010 from a title loan place my wife bought it for me for a christmas gift. i guess i will have to change thefilter and fluid asap huh. i usually do the oil and trans same day but ive been out of work so i get to what i can when i have money to do so. is changing the filter the same as the older 70's-80's ford c-6's or is there more involved

1 - 4 of 4 Posts