Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have notice that the trans doesn't seem like it is kicking down when you push the gas pedal down. I notice it especially in OD on the highway. It picks up speed fine but doesn't downshift. I have just gone through a PITA TPS repair and it seems better driving but not 100% yet. Is there and adjustment procedure for the TPS seeing that the mounting holes are slotted? Thanks for any help. Jim

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It looks like I will need an analog meter and a little time. I had searched but the topic find and wiki were the best. Jim

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
None of the Taurus TPS's I've ever seen were adjustable, meaning that there were simply mounting holes, not "slotted, or elongated" holes. I could be wrong, it's happened once before. LOL

Didn't see anything specific for TPS adjustment in either the wiki or the topic finder.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
None of the Taurus TPS's I've ever seen were adjustable, meaning that there were simply mounting holes, not "slotted, or elongated" holes. I could be wrong, it's happened once before. LOL

Didn't see anything specific for TPS adjustment in either the wiki or the topic finder.
Yes mine too is not slotted. There is some question as to whether the TPS is simply just put in or put in at a slight angle and kinda preloaded and screwed in place. I still am not getting a trans kick down. Went up a steep long hill yesterday and it made it up no problem but I could not get it to kick out of OD. Thanks for any help. Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts