Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my 03 taurus 3.0 has a jurk when i have to down shift. Its been going on sence we have owned it for a year. i like the car but the trans has problems. i have noticed it has been getting worse here latly and i have to use drive on the back roads or half the time it wont down shift. but when i use drive its drives and acts fine its just the overdrive when its usly does the whole jurking ****.

i think it could be the torque converter or the flywheel. Could i possibly have to change the transmission fuild? I'm getting feed up with it and would like to know what i need to do or whats the problem with it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
damn glad some got to me oh wait no transmission any more it went out on me in the middle of the night. I dont know what the **** happened to it but something did.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nothing at all the car start rolling. my friend just called today and said he has a 03 taurus that the motor went out and he said i could have his trans and he'll help me put in mine. so im gonna replace it tomarrow when he bring his tools and old trans over.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
wow. that was timing. make sure you replace the fluid and filter. also swap the torque converters. make sure you fill the tc with fluid before you install it. while you got trans out adding a cooler wouldnt hurt.
I have found that using zip lock bags and a sharpie can help get all the nuts and bolts back on. good luck!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i do the same on all the work i do. I use to work on subarus that was a pain. Than i work on my old ford trucks. but i dont have a degree in that no more.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
got it in it still has that jurk in it and i don't know what its is now. cause he said it didn't have it when i was in his. its back to the same old crap again. Its like when i give it gas it goesnt want to change and has that jurk to it its not hard its like a slip and idk what is causing that.

i did change the fuild before putting it in my car. but still acts like the old one did.

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
Any CEL's? MAF sensor plugged in(my freestar jurked like hell when the MAF was disconnected)? Did you flush the 'cooler' as well?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any CEL's? MAF sensor plugged in(my freestar jurked like hell when the MAF was disconnected)? Did you flush the 'cooler' as well?

no i didnt everything i made sure was plugged in. Its just the same thing over and over. I wonder if the chip i have on it might be causing it do jurk. cause i bought a chip to give it 50 more hp and up to 30mpg on the highway. but it done that before i put the chip in.but it done this when the old trans was in it. i know there isnt anything wrong with this one cause i put it in my friends car.

·
Registered
23,354 Posts
Vss (vehicle speed sensor)? Or on your 03, its called the oss (output shaft speed sensor). You did say it was slipping when you gave it gas (post#7)?

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
no i didnt everything i made sure was plugged in. Its just the same thing over and over. I wonder if the chip i have on it might be causing it do jurk. cause i bought a chip to give it 50 more hp and up to 30mpg on the highway. but it done that before i put the chip in.but it done this when the old trans was in it. i know there isnt anything wrong with this one cause i put it in my friends car.
This info would have helped earlier;)

Is it one of those cheap **** Ebay garbage "chips" that plug into the IAT sensor, or an actual chip that is burned by a real tuner and soldered into the PCM? If its the earlier, get that crap off your car.........

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
i know the chip didnt come from ebay. the brother inlaw put it in for me and got it for me. i for got what parts store he got it from. The name is devin not none of the above. the reason he got the chip for me is cause with my job i do a lot of driving and i haul 3-6 poeple with me so i needed the power and the miles cause i drive as far as the easy cost for a job site. i work for a staffing place. i usly get a phone twice a week for jobs some times more. i need the trans to work right cause i need money.

I also replaced the sensors that might be causing the problems, it still has the jerk. my wife doesnt notice anything going on with the car. i do and our friends that ride in the car sometimes notice it. i wouldnt see why my wife wouldnt notice if our friends notice it.

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
Please be more specific about that "chip" you have in it. Manufacturer/parts store purchased/part number if possible/where is it plugged into?

A friend of mine had a 'chip' and when I took a look at his car, it turned out to be one of those garbage resistor boxes that plug into the IAC and do absolutely nothing. Whereas my other friend has a REAL chip(one soldered into the pcm) that cost ~$600. With cars, you get what you paid for. $20 'chip' = garbage and can be causing all your problems........

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i know it isn't a **** chip than cause i payed way more than 600 for it. part number idk brother inlaw put it in. he got it from a autoparts store. location i cant tell u that i dont know where it was put. idk how its went in. i wasnt a loud in the shop its his safty policy. but it done it before i put the chip in when i first got the car a year ago and nothing changed when i put it in but i didn't feel it as bad as i did. this one is like when i first put the chipe in not really there but i can tell and little that its there.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
i know it isn't a **** chip than cause i payed way more than 600 for it. part number idk brother inlaw put it in. he got it from a autoparts store. location i cant tell u that i dont know where it was put. idk how its went in. i wasnt a loud in the shop its his safty policy. but it done it before i put the chip in when i first got the car a year ago and nothing changed when i put it in but i didn't feel it as bad as i did. this one is like when i first put the chipe in not really there but i can tell and little that its there.

sorry had a rough day when i wrote the last one. I ment to say that the chip was more than $600, My brother in law put my new chip in. I dont know anything about it just that it cost me to much but it payed for its self. The transmission jerked a lot worse when i bought the car, once i had the chip put in i couldnt tell it was jerking only Every once in a while I. Now that i have the new transmission in it back to i can tell everyonce in a while. When i have five guys in the car taking them to work. I can tell that it jerks, like when i first bought the car.

ok i just went to a job and i noticed that at high speeds (65-80) the jerk comes along every five mins. the rpms hit about 2500 when it does that. it just started to come along now. it didnt do that yesturday when i drove the same distance.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

ok look i dont care if you have had a rough like just dont jump to conclusions about some one. Cause just so you know i had to drop out of middle school two months in. To help take care of the family farm. Im doing a lot better of than my uncle the same age as i am. He cant read write or spell what i just have.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts