Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 97 Sable GS, 3.0L Vulcan. Turned 50K miles today. Was wondering what you guys think about dropping the transmission pan and changing the fluid and filter as compared to having it fully cycled out at a shop with one of those machines. At 30K I had it flushed at a shop with the machine. Now when I turn 60K I'm wondering if I should do the same thing or if I should get at that filter. Do you think I should have a tranny cooler added, or with 60K it's kind of late? I'm really happy with this car and am planning on driving it into the ground. I recently had the front wheel bearings changed and that is all I've had to do to it outside of routine maintenance, I bought it new.

·
Registered
114 Posts
never to late to add a tranny cooler. Getting the transmission flushed cleans out everything better than just changing the fluid. With the really low milage that you are putting on your car you might find it benificial to have it flushed since it must sit a lot. However I commend you, most people arent so diligent with their maintenance. If I hadnt hurt my back a customer like you would have been welcome any time at my shop

1 - 2 of 2 Posts