Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since my tranny is slipping away and i don't want to go and buy a new car just to go to work, i was thinking of getting the tranny rebuilt. Does anybody know how much it could cost me up here in Canada (Montreal) and any good place to go to Thanks

-Eric

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well i made a few phone calls and the lowest i can find is $1400 before taxes( so $1610 with tx CDN) and they have a 3 or 5 years warranty on the tranny... does that sound like a good deal to you guys?? opinions

-Eric

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by Taurusupnorth@Jul 9 2004, 05:41 PM
Well i made a few phone calls and the lowest i can find is $1400 before taxes( so $1610 with tx CDN) and they have a 3 or 5 years warranty on the tranny... does that sound like a good deal to you guys?? opinions

-Eric
Sounds good to me, 3 ot 5 years is a pretty good length of time. You may want to splurge for a tranny cooler as well if youre going to have it rebuilt anyway. It should only be an extra $50 CDN for an additional cooler.

-Damon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just came back from the transmission shop, the tech hooked the OBD reader to the computer and said that my "irradic" shifting and/or down shifting to second on the highway and not going back to the overdrive is due to a sensor. He told me to go at Ford and get a "neutral switch"... did any of you ever hear of this, i also have 3-4 more codes coming up but the CEL is not lighting up :unsure:

-Eric

You may want to splurge for a tranny cooler as well if youre going to have it rebuilt anyway. It should only be an extra $50 CDN for an additional cooler.
Thanks for the advice :p

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
I had a similar problem. There was some kind of electrical failure, like a bad sensor or something, and once the car heated up it would only drive in 2nd gear. Couple hundred bucks later and the problem was gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts