Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new here and need some help!!! We are re-building the transmission style AX4N and are to the shift accumulator springs. We have 4 colors, orange, blue, black, and green. We also know they are for the 1-2,2-3,3-4, and reverse gears, respectively. We just need to match the right color to gear and then we'll be good to go. Does anyone have this information??? Help is greatly appreciated!!!!

X

·
0 Posts
Just checked my ax4n "New model training" guide from ford and it only told me the locations for which spring controls which shift, but didn't say anything about the colors. If no one here knows, you might want to order a Technical manual from www.bulkpart.com . Just wondering, are you installing a shift kit along with the rebuild?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you for the info. We also have the Ford CD. The problem is the springs don't have any part numbers in them so we don't know which spring is for which gear.
IE is the purple spring the 1-2 or reverse gear? If anyone knows this I would appreciate it!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did an overhaul on my axode which is similar, I found that the springs were sized up with the holes, I don't know if thats the case with the ax4n. Still its something you want to be sure about.
Transmission parts stores have a lot of knowledge or a transmission shop is worth a try.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We will be calling on a local transmission shop tomorrow. We were just hoping that someone here might have seen it and we wouldn't have to wait until tomorrow. Thanks for the help though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts