Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I noticed a small oil patch on my driveway a couple of weeks ago. My wifes geo leaks oil so I thought maybe it was hers. But I thougt it was possible it was me also. Anyway I went to the dealership with like 35988 miles and asked them to take a look for a fluid leak and fix my rattling drivers glass window for the 5th time.They found no evidence of a leak.
Yesterday I parked in the street which is fairly level and I finally got under the Taurus and it looks like the whole back of the pan is leaking, there was fresh fluid and some dirtier stuff also which tells me it was present when it was checked out. plus the damn window still rattles. The dealership found no evidence of a leak.
I parked in the street again because its fairly level and checked the dipstick it looks like the tranny was overfilled
I am of course over 36 warranty by 250 miles so no warrantee. I guess Im gonna have to go in there and see if they would explain to me why they overfilled my tranny and hope they will pick up some of the cost of the fix. Anyone know if Ford made a new tranny gasket for the AX4N? I seem to remember a thread about it.

X

·
0 Posts
If you have it documented that you came in there and complained about a leak and your warranty expired, ford still has to fix it. It is written on the back of my receipt that they cannot deny the repair, etc.

About the gasket, I know there are two types. My car uses one made of cork, which the dealer had to order when I had them replace my gasket. They said they had tried a rubber one or something and it did not match up and they were unable to modify it to fit.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by XLSuruaT@Jan 21 2004, 02:52 PM
If you have it documented that you came in there and complained about a leak and your warranty expired, ford still has to fix it. It is written on the back of my receipt that they cannot deny the repair, etc.
exactly right
Plus AFAIK a dealership, by default, has a one year warranty on all work they do, so if they looked at it and said it ain't broke and it's still broke, they need to fix it for free

Plus, if you go to the right dealership and you're barely past the 36k mile mark, sometimes they "fudge" numbers and cover it under warranty, they did that for one of my uncles once as well as my aunt.
Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Every dealer has authority to use discretion to perform After Warranty Adjustments.

These are especially available if you are at the dealer that sold you the vehicle.

If you reported the problem to the dealer prior to the formal expiration of the warranty, you are in an excellent position to persuade the dealer to perform the needed repairs. Talk to the service advisor, service manager, or dealership management, escalating only as needed, and you will very likely be taken care of.

Good luck.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts