Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter what gear im in I can't go past 2000-3000 rpms usually 2300rpms. Is my tranny just junk or is it something else? Torque converter. Or a fluid pump?

·
Super Moderator
8,670 Posts
What year? What engine? I will assume you have a 2000 to 2007.

Doesnt sound like a tranny issue to me.

Have you checked for codes even if the CEL isnt on?

Does the engine go past 2300 RPM in neutral? Be aware if you rev the engine in neutral or park, the rev limiter will kick in around 3500 to 4000 RPM.

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
07 sel. Its normal in nutraul. When im driving no matter what gear im in once I go past 2300rpms car acts like its in Nutral. I gotta wait for the rpms to come back down then I can give it a lil bit of gas to get moving. I can't get over 45 mph cuz I can't build rpms

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got no codes. No check engine light comes on. That's what really is making this so annoying

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What year? What engine? I will assume you have a 2000 to 2007.

Doesnt sound like a tranny issue to me.

Have you checked for codes even if the CEL isnt on?

Does the engine go past 2300 RPM in neutral? Be aware if you rev the engine in neutral or park, the rev limiter will kick in around 3500 to 4000 RPM.
Just checjed the fluid level its a lil bit over full and its a ear color fluid..... Very conserning

·
Registered
10,769 Posts
Just checjed the fluid level its a lil bit over full and its a ear color fluid..... Very conserning
Accurate check of fluid, hot, like 10-20 miles of highway driving, and parked on very level place, cycle the selector through the gears and leave in N.
Overfull is BAD. Lots of warnings about that. Level high and gears can whip the fluid to foam and that goes through the pump and you loose pressure.
-chart-

·
Super Moderator
8,670 Posts
Which V6? Vulcan or Duratec?

·
Registered
2001 Taurus SES Sedan in Chestnut
123 Posts
Check to see if the CEL is blinking at any point, if it is the car is in safe mode, a loose plug tip caused the same problem on my Bull. Good Luck

·
Registered
2001 Taurus SES Sedan in Chestnut
123 Posts
The Duratec will have a 24 valve tag on both front fenders in-between the tires and the door, or when you open the hood it will be visible, I believe on the front valve cover.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts