Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 Taurus. I just put a 04 engine and transmission in it. Mine needed a transmission. With a little work on the motor (changed the intake and the wiring harness and a few other odds and ends) I used my old ecm. Anyway I was driving it around all was good. I was a little low on transmission fluid got it full. Got the car detailed out went to drive it home and my transmission light started flashing. I'm calling it a transmission light it is not the check engine light it has a ! with some stuff around it. I think they call it a hyrdaulic symbol. Any help on this would be great. I should have put that it does go threw all the gears in the transmission.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Check for codes...that light will throw a code that a code reader can check (same one used for check engine lights) Could be something like P1744

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well mine is a lil bit older 99 but it was throwing a trans code tcc for lock up come to find out the guy I bought it from had re programmed the ecu for better gas milage, and didn't do a good job at that after 6 months of taking, reading and asking I took it to a shope dude put a bad ass computer on it and told me the throttle body was screwed up, so after a flashin of the ecu and driving it for 1 hour the code went away, oint is make sure u check ur cpu befor diggin into that tranny

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a check engine light on. It's not flashing or anything I will check tmrw for codes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I checked for codes today and I had no codes that came up. Does anybody have any thing else that I can check?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts