Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my the transmission in my '02 vulcan has required that the fluid be added to in the past few weeks., but does not seem to be leaking, at least there is nothing on the driveway. Anyone have any idea where its going? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
Are you sure you're checking it the right way each time? If you check it cold with the engine running it will seem low. You have to drive the car 20 minutes or more then check it hot in gear.

If the front seal is leaking, it would be dripping from under the flex-plate area with the starter.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure you're checking it the right way each time? If you check it cold with the engine running it will seem low. You have to drive the car 20 minutes or more then check it hot in gear.

If the front seal is leaking, it would be dripping from under the flex-plate area with the starter.
Yes sir I wait until it reaches operating temperature before checking. there are no visable leaks anywhere and the tranns slips until fluid is added!BTW thanks for the reply!;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
machineop
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing