Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cannot locate the two hoses needed for the install of a tranny cooler, im not sure where they are.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Depends on what car your installing this on.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a 1997 taurus lx 3.0l v-6 DOHC.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Should be a unfinned 1/2 "diameter tube with a 3/8" hose above a finned cooler. The finned cooler is the PS cooler, the tube is the ATX. Connect your new cooler to the drivers side of that cooler.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I believe SHOZ123 is correct, in 97' the unfinned tube is the trans cooler and the PS cooler is the finned tube. Which is strange because they switched this on my 99'. My trans cooler is the finned tube, which makes more sense to me.

Drivers side of the cooler is the outbound side of the cooler.

Hmmm... Did someone in Atlanta mess up in one of these years?

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
On my 98 Sable the finned one is the tranny cooler also. Guess they must have switched them in 98. Glad they did, it makes much more sense for the finned one to be a Trans cooler.

I connected it to the line on the driverside of the stock finned cooler and it works great. I had the same problem when i wanted to install mine (which lines to use).

I've been using it for a few weeks and all is well. Am going to install a 1/2" magnefine in-line filter per SHOZ123 advise tomorrow. The only other thing i'd like to do after that is install a Trans temp sensor and gauge.

Good luck on your install.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
In '98 they went to a finned cooler on both the ATX and PS AUX coolers. But on either year the PS cooler is a 1/2" hose and the ATX cooler is 3/8" hose.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
In '98 they went to a finned cooler on both the ATX and PS AUX coolers.
Well that must be a difference on the Sable v. Taurus then because my 98 Sable has a finned ATX and a plain PS Aux cooler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts