Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 taurus vulcan and I'm having problems with the transmission cooler lines that attach to the radiator. Here's my story I went out to my car 2 days ago to go somewhere and notice on the driveway that there was some atf fluid about a quarter quart or so. Well when I started to drive off the tranny slipped slightly,so I went back home and luckily I had a quart of fluid which I put in there IT wasn't enough and the tranny still slipped a little so I went to auto parts store and bought some more. Drove these past 2 days and could find no more leaking. But today I did find that I could jiggle the tranny cooler line where it threads into the radiator. I believe that this is not normal is it? Also what size wrench should I use to titen said cooler line? or does it take a special tool? BTW the radiator was installed new in nov. '09. :huh:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The lines at the radiator are quick connect. A plastic clip holds them in and an o-ring seals them. They do wiggle some. I don't recall anyone here saying they failed on them. Make sure the fluid really came from there. Could be rusted line or from trans itself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts