Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. 1992 taurus 3.0 with AXOD metric transmission is acting up. At the end of a long trip, after a stop, no motion in any gear. Increase revs and motor tries to jump out of it's mounts. Fluid looks good. No codes showing up and engine idles fine. Is my tranny history, or could there be an electronic signal causing this? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
8,590 Posts
When you say "no motion in any gear", does this include reverse? These trannies had lots of problems with the forward clutch apply piston cracking causing no drive in any forward gear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Jeff - all forward and reverse gears affected. If I bring up the revs the car will begin to move but the engine starts jumping around and may have even busted a motor mount. I was able to drive it into my garage but engine was rocking and drive line was lurching. So it is moving some fluid around.

No unusual noises prior or now when placed in gear. At this point, I'm trying to determine if it's in limp mode due to a sensor or input problem or if it's shot.

Am wondering if a broken motor mount could somehow be the cause.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jeff - all forward and reverse gears affected. If I bring up the revs the car will begin to move but the engine starts jumping around and may have even busted a motor mount. I was able to drive it into my garage but engine was rocking and drive line was lurching. So it is moving some fluid around.

No unusual noises prior or now when placed in gear. At this point, I'm trying to determine if it's in limp mode due to a sensor or input problem or if it's shot.

Am wondering if a broken motor mount could somehow be the cause.
Bad pump, pal. May your tranny RIP. Get a new car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bull - I am expecting that is the case, but, not being knowledegable with automatics, was hoping maybe something else was at play.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts