Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i got a traffic ticket in the middle of december and i sent the plea of guilty and the personal check to the agency on 1/2/09...and as of 1/12/09 they still havent deposited my check

i was wondering how long does it take for them to depost my check because the date on the ticket was 1/16/09 and i dont feel like haveing my liscence suspended or pay and fines

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Call 'em

·
Registered
332 Posts
Got one yesterday night..
$120.. it sucks man.. and donno how many points..
for no fault..

dont have time to go to court.. so just plead guilty..

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good thing the nassu police department doesnt issue points for violations accoridng to their website so it was just 180 doller ticket, driving in the HOV lane at 9:55, when the HOV lane restrictions open at 10.....i thought i was fine but ill never make that mistake again

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
It's been over a year since I paid for my speeding ticket. I paid online. I don't know how many states let you do that, but Massachusetts does.

Weird thing is, my insurance hasn't gone up yet, even though I paid for the speeding ticket over a year ago. Not that I'm complaining. I was just expecting it to go up by now.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
only parking tickets are payable online.....ive been on hold with the agency for 23 min.......

okay finally just got throught and talked to the operator

the ticket was never put into the system, so he is going to look through the recived guilty pleas that have come in to see if mine is their.....so ill know by tonite if they got it because hes going to call me back later

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
...hes going to call me back later...
[/b]
Famous customer service representative words. They never do.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<div class='quotemain'>
...hes going to call me back later...
[/b]
Famous customer service representative words. They never do.
[/b][/quote]

yea i know that but atleast the ticket was never put in their system....

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Never plead guilty.
[/b]
Why???....if i wanted to plead innocent i would have to appear in court to pay the fine, and their was no way for me to even fight the ticket..given the cop was a d!ck and also gave me 2 warnings for little things

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Because 9 times out of 10 the charge will either be reduced or dropped. Get a lawyer and spend the money on them. Keeps the points off your record and you will save much more money in the end. The lawyer can do his thing until you actually have to show up in court.

·
Registered
332 Posts
SHOZ123

Dont you think.. lawyer is an expensive option than paying the ticket.

Also, is it a good idea to plead not guilty, and appear myself in the court, and decline all the charges.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've done this a couple times in the last 20 years and it is well worth it to fight the ticket. For simple moving violations, you will almost always be offered a deal of reduced points of fine to plead guilty.

As far as I've seen, the lawyer is a complete waste of money unless you have a DWI or other such serious charge. Every time I have seen it, the lawyered up people get the same deal as eveyone else, they just get taken care of first. I would rather sit for an extra couple hours than spend a grand or more on a lawyer.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well my dads a lawyer and he said I could try to fight it but when a state trooper gives a violation it almost never gets reduced

So I just plead guilty

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
If you show up in court and you have a decent driving record, alot of times the fee might not be reduced, but they'll drop the points off.
It definately saves on insurance. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I was younger, I want to say about 16, I didn't have my Drivers License yet so I got stopped. I got cited for Driving w/o a DL, Speeding and no proof of insurance.

I truly messed up back then, what happened was that I was so immature that I didn't pay off the ticket and I soon had a warrant for my arrest when I was 18 I believe.

My only thing I could of done was go to court by myself and face some jail time and get my license revoked for 2 years or get a lawyer. So I got a lawyer, he removed the arrest warrant, reduced my fine and didn't get my DL revoked. Lawyers know their ****, and I was lucky I got my lawyer.

Now I know better than to let tickets go bad, and I never will make such a mistake.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Most minor traffic infractions cost about a $150 in lawyers fees plus any fines or court cost.

I'd rather pay $500 in fines and fees and avoid the points if I can. much cheaper in the long run.

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Most minor traffic infractions cost about a $150 in lawyers fees plus any fines or court cost.

I'd rather pay $500 in fines and fees and avoid the points if I can. much cheaper in the long run.
[/b]
:werd:

That's what I always do.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Nimz speaks the truth. You will pay far more than the value of the ticket in insurance premiums in the future. Not to mention, keeps your record clean. If you have a clean record, cops and judges will generally be a bit more lenient on you, whereas if you have a record of tickets, they will show no mercy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts