Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok before i left for iraq my wife was persistent on getting a mini van. well when i got back she said she was tired of it and decided she wants a suv. so we found a few that we're going to go look at.
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?t...leadExists=true
these are 3 that we're going to go look at this weekend. i'm wanting to get something soon cause issues keep coming up on the windstar and i'm wanting to get something a little better before we make this drive from ga back to ca. we're kinda stuck with under $8k with our trade cause thats all we can get approved for since i was young and stupid and messed up my credit early. but open to everyones opinions. and by the way we do need some thing to fit the family of 6 (4 car seats) so something this big is nessisary. and we will be towing either a uhaul or my taurus back to ca.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I own a Suburban. Do not buy one. Wiper switch, master cylinder, and the transmission is slipping... We bought it from a rental place with 50k it has 72k on it now.

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
I'd go with one of the Expeditions, probably the 01.

My '97 has held up great. I have 168k miles on it. B)

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I was about to say...go for an Expedition and you should ask Jason about it. But I see he has already seen :D

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Do not buy a Durango. My uncle has one like the one you're looking at. He's always getting recall notices for it. Also, it may look big on the outside, but it is cramped inside. The legroom in the 2nd and third row is non-existent. I think I have more room in my Taurus than it.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
so you are trading in a practical minivan for a non practical minivan.

just get a Caravan they can be bough cheep and get better gas mileage. Remember gas prices 1 year ago.

Look at all of the people driving the "suv"s they all have 2.5 kids and drive them to soccer pratice. Unless it is lifted, covered in mud, dented and had big tires then it is mommy mobile.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its what my wife wants and also i want to get soemthing that is 4wd and that will pull a good sized trailer

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
:werd: on the Durango, they are death traps. Fortunately you won't get far as they get 8 miles per gallon (my friend's did).

:werd: on the Expeditions. My family and friends have had 5 of them and they simply last forever. Lotsa power too.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
look at a used caravan. they come in AWD and are a lot safer for all the passengers. I think they can even come with a class 3 hitch.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
just in one semester at school i have seen more durangos in the shop then any other kind of car for various things, window regulators, heatercores, sensors etc tons of things go wrong with them
my uncle has an expedition had it for 5 years now no repairs needed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts