Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm new to this 95 Taurus sedan... Can anyone tell me where the diagnostic port is in this car? I have a TrackLane device from Hartford Ins to plug in and I'm not sure where it is...dumb i know...but if anyone knows, I'd greatly appreciate being told :D Thanks so much in advance!
Sue

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry about not getting back in here, but it's hard to find posted messages :( But I finally found it :) OK...jag says that my TrackLane is probably an OBDII device, and that there's not a port for me to plug it into? This is from my insurance company. At any rate....it's just a smallish black plastic thing (says OCTO on it)with a large pronged opening on the end to plug into something. Is there any diagnostic ports in this Taurus at all? It's a 95...I think :( They look the same to me. Anyway...thanks for the answer, but wouldn't the insurance company know if a 95 could take one of these? I just wonder why one was sent. I did ask for it for an added discount. Thanks to all who responded :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok...found my own answer :) I had to have TrackLane assist though. My Taurus is a 96, and they were nice enough to send me a screenshot of where it is :D YAY....thanks to all who helped :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts