Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help deciding if I need to order new springs and struts or use what I have for some fun on the track.

I currently have all 4 Monroe Quickstruts sitting in the garage, are they ok for track use?

If not, what combo of springs and struts would be? Or, should I put down $2k for the coil-overs?

I have $3k to put for suspension:

Wheel Hubs ($200-$300 depending on brand)
Inner and outer tie rods ($70)
Ball joints ($60)
Front Lower control arms (whole arms $95)
Rear Adjustable arms ($165 from Sho source)
Endlinks (Regular metal ones fine ($70) or do I need to look into the powergrid ones shosource sells?($375))
Springs and struts (if the quick struts don't work)

Already have ALSFBs and 24/26 swaybars with new bushings to install.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I would not recommend the QuickStruts for track use. Least expensive track/street setup would be a set of Eibachs with KYBs. Better would be Koni inserts, and best would be the coil overs. Spring options are limited, and little is known about perfect track setup for a Gen 4. You could cut a coil out of a set of Moogs to lower ride height and increase spring rate.

Regular endlinks are fine. You should also look into Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings for the sway bars and rear tie rods.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
If you plan to track Koni and EIbach or Intrax should be a minimum. The Selex coilovers would be a good setup. We actually have a set being made right now.

I wouldn't bother with hubs unless you really need them.

We do have all of the suspension components you need like the tie rods and control arms.

You only need the adjustable endlinks unless you go with coilovers or unless you want to dial in a lowered system. You will be fine with out it and I would only go with them if you do a lot of tracking. I would first track and see if you need them.

·
Registered
681 Posts
If you plan to track Koni and EIbach or Intrax should be a minimum.QUOTE]

If it isn't a track dedicated car I would go with this. If you can find the Eibachs.

chrism3784 and I met up today and took some twisties. He is stock and I have KONI and Eibachs. He has some sticky treads and I'm rolling on snow tires. He said the back end started to get loose on his car. I don't know his speed, but it wasn't that much of a difference. My winter tread didn't even howl-any more then normal anyway.

I'm sold on this setup. It was the best money I have ever spent on the car. Having the option for them to come pre-installed in gen3 strut housings was one hell of a deal as well.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Well the Gen3 have a more oval strut rod so they do not exactly fit. I do not know of anyone making them so far.

No the struts do not need to be out.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Tires and wheels should be looked at if you are going to track the car. As well as brakes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts