Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 has after market valve style TPMS sensors made by a company called Orange Electric. Battery died in one of them and I'm wondering if I can just replace the one with one of the factory sensors I still have??? I can pick up a new band for $17.00 on Amazon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2008 has after market valve style TPMS sensors made by a company called Orange Electric. Battery died in one of them and I'm wondering if I can just replace the one with one of the factory sensors I still have??? I can pick up a new band for $17.00 on Amazon.
I notice you didn't get an answer, so here goes. You can mix, that is not an issue, unless the original id's were copied to program your aftermarket sensors(would cause a conflict as the TPMS system looks for id's and assigns to location, even if you do not have by location display). However, with sensors that old, I would suggest you repalce with a new sensor. These things have a shelf life. There are several aftermarket options and most places will program them for you. It will require a relearn though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts