Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. New to the forum so I apologise if this post is in the incorrect place. Im not getting any resistance between TP pcm connector side and power to ground or signal return pcm connector side. The manual says to repair open circuit but I have no clue which circuit is open. All wires leading to tps measure 0.00 ohms to 0.02 ohms.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Quick and dirty test: TPS back test the leads with key to run. Meter ground to back test. Not to worry which wire is which. Outside ones, one will be 5.0V and other few milivolts above grouond. Center wire 0.8 to 0.9Volts at idle stop.
-chart-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that helped a little. I noticed I'm getting 25v from signal return wire. Is that common for a short circuit. Doesn't sound possible to me since the car is running on only 12v

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Volts likely wrong scale. See pic, "return" = ground goes to this eyelet. PCM ground, and return go to the eyelet. Also power from the Alt/engine block also attach to the body here. Ford clamps that over painted body tab. Mine OK with engine off but all over the place when running. When charging power is going through the large wire and thus must have a very solid connection to the body.
Return wire should be very close to body ground, maybe few milivolts.
-chart-

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts