Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any 1 tell me if its possible to swap a Toyota Supra engine w/a Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable Gen IV? The Supra Engine have similar traits as the Taurus like they r both the same size 3.0. Can this be done?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
QUOTE (SHO Lover @ Jul 9 2009, 04:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=738160
Can any 1 tell me if its possible to swap a Toyota Supra engine w/a Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable Gen IV? The Supra Engine have similar traits as the Taurus like they r both the same size 3.0. Can this be done?[/b]
Direct Swap?

No.

Different platforms. Its a RWD Car.. You need a FWD Transmission which is Smaller, and layed out differently. Also.. IDK of any FWD Transmissions that fit on a 2JZ-GE or 2JZ-GTE

Also its a INLINE 6 which means the engine is longer than a traditional V6.

Custom job?

Totally possible... You would have to figure out how to run the exhaust, transmission, and a rear axle....

Expensive. But seriously its your money.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
liters =/= physical external size

Can it be done? Anything can be done. Is it worth it? NO. Unless you are in love with the Taurus /Sable body. Personally, style wise, Supra > Taurus/Sable

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Someone did this with a first gen probe. Full out drag car, and not really that fast.

This swap would cost several times more than your car is worth.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Not to make fun of you but i chuckled when i read this. Although if your or some did swap it that would be baddass, but you could prob just buy a supra cheaper. still if you want, go for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts