Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a rental on business Thursday, in Memphis. Thank God.
Was east bound on I240 and stuck behind three other cars as Grandma putted along in a Honda accord at 55 mph in the third lane of a four lane interstate. I'm OK with this. Done it many times just have to be patient and wait for Grandma to move over for her eventual exit. A fifth car was behind me a red SUV and he gets all pissed and gets a lane change chance and blows by on the lft passed me and up to Grandma. I saw it coming. He swerves in to Grandma's lane and brake checks her. She locks them up. the Kia behind her hits her and is totaled, the SUV behind the Kia stops, I stop... New car number five doesn't even touch his brakes. The rear passenger side tire of the G5 was literally axle, rim and all in the back seat of the G5. The G5 went under the SUV and got spit out in to lane number two and the white paint from the sedan the massed T-Boning me is still on the front bumper.
The SUV was pushed in to the Kia but no real damage. The only cars to drive off under their own power... The SUV and Grandma's Accord.

Knocked the air out of me and cracked a couple of ribs. Pictures of the G5 later. The guy who hit me, no insurance.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Are you thinking of taking this to civil court, no insurance means liable for damages and plenty of it. People just don't seem to be respectful to the rules of the road anymore, slowpokes on the extreme right, the fast paced guys on the left. Glad you're ok, but next time, just in case, tell your company full size rentals save lives and injuries.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea how the coverage thing is going to to go. Can't see taking him to court he has nothing.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
What's "brake check"? And that is the more dangerous thing than the old lady....

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (mmmfloorpie @ May 10 2009, 08:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=724186
What's "brake check"? And that is the more dangerous thing than the old lady....[/b]
A brake check is cuting off someone and slamming your brakes and then flooring it. Probably the most dangerous thing for the other drivers on the road ever.

QUOTE (ab_sood @ May 10 2009, 08:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=724191
Brake Check.. WTF..
destroyed 2 cars.. and endangered lives..
ass should be put in jail..[/b]
Three cars destroyed, the Kia, a 2008 G5 and the olds cut that hit me.
It happened so fast all anyone was able to tell the police was red SUV maybe a Nissan or Honda.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
your state should cover you since the guy didn't have insurance. unless it is one of those state that doesn't require insurance then you are sol.

on the bright side you are getting more $ for the g5 then it is worth now. It takes a little while for the insurance value of cars to drop and since no one will touch a Pontiac with a 12 ft pole thus making your car worth $1.25 for a private party sale, you are going to work out ahead.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I'm glad you didn't get hurt any worse. You're right, suing somebody who doesn't have insurance (and probably doesn't have anything else) is not worth it. However, if it is a state that requires insurance, they should at least revoke his license. Hopefully you'll walk away clean w/o having to pay any deductable.

·
Registered
332 Posts
IIRC all insurance companies have a coverage.. "Un-insured Motorist".
So, your vehicle is covered by your own insurance, if an un-insured motorist hits your car.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (ab_sood @ May 11 2009, 08:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=724243
So, your vehicle is covered by your own insurance, if an un-insured motorist hits your car.[/b]
True. Currently waiting for my company to make a determination about fault.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay. I'm guessing he'll be thinking about this in his cell, as he was uninsured. The guy that started all this is probably his new cellmate/boyfriend as it is considered road rage and attempted vehicular manslaughter.

Glad to hear you're mostly okay...get some rest, man.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
QUOTE (Darthenstein @ May 11 2009, 04:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=724323
Glad to hear you're okay. I'm guessing he'll be thinking about this in his cell, as he was uninsured. The guy that started all this is probably his new cellmate/boyfriend as it is considered road rage and attempted vehicular manslaughter.

Glad to hear you're mostly okay...get some rest, man.[/b]
I don't think you go to jail for driving without insurance...

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
HAHAHA You guys seem to think that suspending or revoking someone's license is going to stop them from driving???? That's sad. That's the way it's SUPPOSED to work, but if you think it IS the way it works, then you're living in fantasy land.

Sorry about your accident, hope you get something out of it other than pain.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (rudedog @ May 11 2009, 04:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=724345
HAHAHA You guys seem to think that suspending or revoking someone's license is going to stop them from driving???? That's sad. That's the way it's SUPPOSED to work, but if you think it IS the way it works, then you're living in fantasy land.

Sorry about your accident, hope you get something out of it other than pain.[/b]
I don't want anything other than for my insurance not to go up... The ribs? They'll heal and I have health insurance. No Enterprise Rent a Car? They left me to call a tow and get a cab... When they say they'll pick you up, it's not entirely true.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
QUOTE (mmmfloorpie @ May 11 2009, 05:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=724342
QUOTE (Darthenstein @ May 11 2009, 04:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=724323

Glad to hear you're mostly okay...get some rest, man.[/b]
I don't think you go to jail for driving without insurance...
[/b][/quote]

Here they will...depends on where you are and what your license status is.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Same kind of assholery happened here a couple of weeks ago and the guy that did the brake check caused the guy he brake checked to lose control cross the median and head on a lady and her three kids.

The lady is in a medically induced coma because almost all of her is broken and she has brain swelling. The twatwaffle that caused it never stopped and the police are still looking for him.

Mike
:mad:

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
QUOTE (ab_sood @ May 11 2009, 08:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=724243
So, your vehicle is covered by your own insurance, if an un-insured motorist hits your car.[/b]

Uninsured motorist only covers medical in my state.

It won't fix your car

Mike
B)

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wonder if we could start an Anti-Brake Check campaign? Just thinking on the forum. The guy in my case could have killed people. If I'd have been T-Boned, I doubt I'd have lived with the broken seat and all.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts